Take a step back in time and experience the best of Cuba on this Wonders of Western Cuba Tour. From the stunning natural scenery to the rich history and culture, there is so much to explore in this beautiful country. Meet the friendly locals, learn about Cuban customs and traditions, and enjoy some delicious food – all while soaking up the incredible atmosphere of this magical island.
We'll start your journey in Old Havana, strolling on the cobble stone streets of grandiose baroque churches, pastel-colored houses, and vibrant street art before heading out to the beautifully rural, Viñales. Here the landscape offers stunning sights of large limestone cliffs covered with flat flora, lavish plant life and traditional tobacco farms. When you are not learning about the cultivation of tobacco, rolling a cigar or enjoying the crisp, fresh air, you can fine tune your salsa skills or indulging in delicious farm-to-plate experiences and soak up extraordinary sunset views over the valley.
On the way home, will take you to the slow-paced, town of Soroa, nestled in the mountains of the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere Reserve. Enjoy a dip in the crystal clear waters of Salto de Soroa, admire the vast orchid collection to simply reconnect with nature on one of the various paths to the top and enjoy a delicious, traditional home cook meal to recharge you at the end of the day.
Once back in Havana, you must conclude your tour with a classic car cruise in one of the amazing 1950s classic cars!
the land of Western Cuba is filled with natural wonders, rich culture, historic landmarks, energetic dance scene and of course the excitement of an authentic Cuban Cigar. This tour will leave you wanting more!
What you will love about this trip
- Get to know Cuba intimately on this curated tour
- Learn about Cuban culture and history from local experts
- Enjoy exclusive access to areas tourists don't usually see
- Taste authentic Cuban food and drinks
Is This Trip Right For You?
- Be aware! We NEVER use hotels! Our aim is to give back to the community, as such we always use Casas as our accommodation option. Of course we are aware of western comfort requirements, so as a standard, we ensure pillows, air conditioning and private bathrooms.
- In saying that... Do remember that you are in a country with lower infrastructure standards. As such, power cuts, especially in cyclone season are expected. Water pressure may be low and hot water in short supply. This really just adds to the adventure.
- Previously Cash was king! Some service providers now insist on the use of credit cards to reduce cash handling, but be aware that some cards may not work in Cuba. So have several options available.
- Internet access is available, but is limited. Why not choose this time to switch off and relax? If it is not entirely possible, we will assist you to get connected.
- Come without expectations, as things don’t always go to plan. And bring your sense of humour, in case you need to deal with things in 'Cuban time'!
- The roads can be a challenge, whilst we ensure we get you there safely, it may take longer than you would expect in any other part of the world. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
Places You’ll See
Further Information About Our Tours
Want more info in preparation of your trip? Our Trip Information page provides further information regarding things you need to know, accommodation transfers, emergencies, passport & visa info, what to pack and more, that you may need to know about this adventure. Click here to read
We also provide you with detailed joining instructions prior to your travel. 😎