The lockdowns in Cuba remain. The numbers of infections are high every single day. There are no set plans as yet to return to normal operations.
Current entry rules:
- All travelers must present a negative result from a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry.
- All travelers must declare their health status and will be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival.
- All travelers are required to remain in mandatory isolation until the second PCR test result is returned negative; this can take up to 8 days
- Cuban nationals and residents will complete their isolation at designated centers free of charge, while non-resident foreigners will be isolated in designated hotel facilities at the traveler’s expense.
- Individuals are required to abide by local restrictions, wear a facemask in all enclosed public spaces, and adhere to sanitization and physical distancing requirements.
International travel options continue to be limited.
As the numbers of infections each day are large, most provinces have regressed to the strictest level of restrictions, especially in Havana, where curfews between 21:00 and 05:00 remain in place.
With that in mind we are monitoring how thing are progressing, and at this stage have our tours set to commence on 3 January 2022.
We require all tour bookings to be paid in full prior to departure. Where bookings are made well in advance, payment must be made 21 days in advance. We understand that with current climate, some bookings may be within this payment period, we can still arrange flexible payment option for you depending on the time of your booking.
Prior to booking your tour, please ensure that you check with your government’s travel advice site whether:
- You can in fact leave your country
- You can travel to Cuba
- Requirements for entry into Cuba
- Requirements upon return to your home country
- Travel insurance coverage for Cuba and COVID-19
- Requirements in any transit countries, so you do not get caught out
Keep updated with current changes to entry requirement to Cuba
Enter your details to get up to date travel information, inspiration, handy tips and amazing offers delivered to your inbox